Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: FILMOSOUND super8 sync recording outfit

  1. #1
    Vespasian
    Guest Vespasian's Avatar

    Post

    I have just bought a mint condition bell & howell Filmosound outfit. The sync recorder, the projector, and the camera. The camera is pretty cool it has slow motion, single frame, and auto zoom capabilities.

    Have any of you Super8ers ever delt with this system. When I get it, I think I am going to see if I can somehow modifify it to record sound on sound striped film.

    The only problem I think that I see in this outfit is DUN DUN DUN......editing. I don't see how the sound is going to match up with a cut film, but maybe I'm wrong hopefully I'm wrong.

    If any of you know about this system please let me know.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Vespasian
    Guest Vespasian's Avatar

    Post

    Well I know it dosen't look like something fisher price would put out. It looks great. It works just like the flash sync sound system, the recorder records a pulse once per frame. The only problem is it can only be hooked up to a special projector which I have, the projector does the same thing with the camera it sends a pulse, and syncs the sound.

    Also the camera sends a special signal to the recorder, and when you start filming the recorder automatically starts, and when you stop filming the recorder automatically stops. It is the same with the projector, and the projector has a built in splicer, but I don't know how you would edit with the sync cassette tape recorder.

    I was told that this system was the first attempt at Super8 sound.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Cranium
    Guest Cranium's Avatar

    Post

    Hmmm... I don't know if I've seen this setup.
    Is it like the Synchronex system? Synchronex puts a little flash of light between the perforations every few frames, and this corresponds to a beep on the tape deck. I guess there was a Synchronex lab somewhere that processed, striped and dubbed the film before sending it back to you.
    I picked up a couple of those a few years ago. Seemed like a damn good concept, too bad it felt like Fisher-Price.


    ------------------
    Mikel Z

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •